Videographer / Video ethnographer
Paper Giant is a research and strategic design agency based in Melbourne’s CBD. We work with clients from all sectors and from all parts of Australasia to inform strategy or policy, design new products, services and programs, and to bring organisations into closer alignment with the needs of their customers and communities.
We are looking for a talented, curious videographer to join our team. We know how powerful video can be in capturing first person perspectives and telling stories. If you are interested in the human experience, making documentaries or in experimental storytelling, we would love to hear from you.
We will consider applicants with all levels of experience - from recent graduates or self taught hobbyists to established professionals who would like to experiment with their practice. We are open to crafting a more permanent role with and for the right person.
You will know how to:
- Capture footage
- Edit footage
- Tell stories with the footage
- Run most other elements of post production
- Sensitive to the lived experience of people from different walks of life
- A passionate advocate for those whose voices are not usually heard
- A kind, reflective, respectful person to work with
- Happy to experiment, work independently and forthcoming about what sort of environment or structure you need to thrive
An existing showreel of documentary or journalistic material will be highly regarded.
- Full time or part time
- 3-6 month contract
- Salary / daily rate negotiable
- Start date negotiable
Applications close Friday 14th December at 5pm.