Data scientist / Data analyst
Paper Giant is a research and strategic design agency based in Melbourne’s CBD. We work with clients from all sectors and from all parts of Australasia to inform strategy or policy, design new products, services and programs, and to bring organisations into closer alignment with the needs of their customers and communities.
We are looking for a talented and curious data scientist to join our team. You might have a background in statistics, scientific research, market research, econometrics, business analysis, GIS, cartography or geography. We run projects as diverse as those which require market sizing, to those which analyse human behaviour, to those which track migratory patterns.
We will consider applicants with all levels of experience - from recent graduates to established professionals who would like to experiment with their practice. We are open to crafting a more permanent role with and for the right person.
You will know how to:
- Visualise data to tell stories
- Communicate complex concepts in understandable ways
- Find patterns and analyse data
- Use data of various kinds to build evidence for or against a decision
- Advise what kind of data might be most appropriate for answering a given question
- Use R, Python or other languages to clean, analyse and present data of different kinds
- A generalist who is fascinated by data of all sorts
- Relatively familiar with commercial language and terminology
- A kind, reflective, respectful person to work with
- Happy to experiment, work independently and forthcoming about what sort of environment or structure you need to thrive
- Full time or part time
- 3-6 month contract
- Salary negotiable
- Start date negotiable
Applications close Friday 14th December at 5pm.