Archivist / Research librarian
Paper Giant is a research and strategic design agency based in Melbourne’s CBD. We work with clients from all sectors and from all parts of Australasia to inform strategy or policy, design new products, services and programs, and to bring organisations into closer alignment with the needs of their customers and communities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about knowledge, and knows how to organise it and how it can be best searched and consumed. Our research data and catalogue of work is something we are proud of - but we could do so much more with! At the same time, many of our clients have mountains of prior research that they're not sure what to do with.
If you have creative ideas about digital archives and how they might be built and used, we would love to hear from you.
We will consider applicants with all levels of experience - from recent graduates to established professionals who would like to experiment with their practice. We are open to crafting a more permanent role with and for the right person.
You will know how to:
- Audit and assess data and data sources
- Define taxonomies, information frameworks and tagging systems
- Identify and work with information user needs
- Work with information systems appropriate for different scales and types of data
- Advise on different software, systems and methodologies of data storage and use
- Passionate about organising information and knowledge
- Interested in building from scratch, in multiple organisations, a research library for multiple use cases
- A kind, reflective, respectful person to work with
- Happy to experiment, work independently and forthcoming about what sort of environment or structure you need to thrive
- Full time or part time
- 3-6 month contract
- Salary negotiable
- Start date negotiable
Applications close Friday 14th December at 5pm.